Hey there! Bruno and Julio here.
We are two ex-consultants from McKinsey and Bain who guide candidates through their preparation to get into management consulting. We are here to help you get your case interview skills to the next level.
Throughout our experience helping out candidates, people asked us things like:
- Why is it so hard to learn how to structure cases and to find examples of truly effective structures to real case questions?
- Is it possible to acquire business sense?
- How can I structure in such a way that any problem looks easy to solve (at least in hindsight)?
- How can I focus my case interview preparation to get more quality practice out of the limited time I have available?
- How can I prepare so I take less risks and can show my confidence and really connect with the interviewer?
Advanced candidates have also shown deep frustrations:
- I can start and finish cases, but have a hard time taking their skills to another level – I do more and more cases, but learn less from each one
- I feel prepared but I fear novel situations: different types of cases, curveball questions and crazy partners who do things traditional methods won’t prepare me for
- I’ve learned a lot but can’t improve on (structuring, analysis, interpreting charts) and I fear this will cost me the offer
If you have ever had those thoughts in your head as you were going through yet another case, you’ve found a place that’s designed to help you out!
how we started
We felt frustration ourselves when preparing to consulting interviews. We were overwhelmed by the variety of things to learn and the lack of people that had the knowledge, the time and the willingness to show us how to do what every one was telling us we should be doing. We knew we should structure better, but how? The materials everyone was using didn’t have the depth we felt was necessary.
We felt there was a missing piece of the puzzle.
In fact, we knew there were blind spots for most candidates when one of us, Bruno, went through the process the second time, receiving offers from both Bain and McKinsey after failing every single firm in the first time he tried. He learned from this circumstance that solving cases in a way that impresses your interviewer can be learned, it is not a skill for the few lucky ones who were born with that knowledge.
We finally understood why we thought the materials lacked depth and why we felt there was a piece missing when we started working as MBB consultants. The key to get an offer is to learn to think, communicate and solve problems as a consultant does. And the key to learn this is to get exposure to a number of problems, see how experienced people solve them and get specific feedback on your own solutions. Simple to do, but hard to find.
We saw this truth over and over again in our coaching practice, by helping candidates who had been rejected in the past or who were helpless with the basics get their offers from a top firm.
how can we help
We are able to do that because we’ve learned how to teach candidates how to think like a real consultant. With our guidance, methods and techniques our coaching clients consistently have a higher than 50% offer rate.
The path isn’t easy, but it’s sure.
We also strive to create the best preparation material that goes beyond the basics and actually helps you perform. No more pre-canned frameworks. No more generic advice that is hard to follow, such as “just be MECE”.
Struggling with a type of case question? We have a step-by-step method to learn that. Don’t know how to apply generic advice to real cases? We offer plenty of examples and counter-examples. Not enough time to do cases with other candidates? We’ll give you drills for your specific problem with detailed answers so you can practice on your own and get great feedback on your performance. We build our content so you can learn with depth and practice with understanding. That will give you the profound understanding you need on how consultants think and let you learn to think and speak like one. Which will, in turn, get you solid offers.
We can do it because we have the priceless experience of long-term work with about 100 candidates. We’ve also invested 1000+ hours of our time creating and testing systems and methodology that work for real candidates like you.
If you want to get access to our best material, make sure you join our newsletter using the forms below. Or take a look at our blog and youtube channels – you might just find exactly what you needed to take your skills to the next level.